COVID-19 & Parker's Animal Rescue:
Parker's Animal Rescue would like to let our followers and potential adopters know we are addressing questions and following protocols recommended by both health care professionals and shelter leaders to continue to save lives.
Parker's Animal Rescue will continue to adopt animals. We will do this in the safest possible manner. We ask any potential adopters to call first and fill out our application as always. Also taking into consideration that this may be an opportune time to adopt with more at home time, consider long term financial status if you are out of work.
We can meet one on one outside or in our facility with our large garage door open and keeping distances. Anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to remain at home as in every other case. We will supply gloves if you wish to handle or pet the animal and ask it not be kissed or held close to your face. We will bathe the dog prior to your meet for any foster potential contamination.
Adoptions will follow immediately at this stage instead of taking the 24 hour period. We will have prepared you for what you will need before the meet.
Thank you, and please let us know if you have questions!
Parker's Animal Rescue strives to place puppies in the correct home after having them in loving foster homes where they are crate trained, work on house training, and taught basic obedience. We recognize the importance of this teaching and post adoption support rather than just passing them on. Continuing their education and supporting adopters is key to our program.
Since we are a foster based rescue, all of our dogs are in foster homes and arranging meet and greets can take some time!
- 1. Start with calling Lisa Parker during business hours (9-6) to discuss your interest in a certain dog or the program as a whole.
- 2. Read our adoption policies and fill out our application. You can email it to Lppdurango@gmail.com or drop it off at our facility 2980 Main Ave.
- 3. A meet and greet will be set up with the dog and a Parker's Animal Rescue representative.
- 4. You let us know by noon the next day if you'd like to adopt.
- 5. Buy the required items before adoption.
- 6. Adoption will take place within the next 24 hours.
Adoption Fee is $300 and includes:
- 2 group classes